Waikato River Explorer Cruises Depart from The River Ferry Terminal is located adjacent to the main Gate 1 Carpark on the opposite side to the small lake and to the left of the main entrance to the gardens. It is also signposted from both the Gate 1 and Gate 2 Carparks.
Please note that the Gate 1 Carpark may be at capacity on busy days during the high season and when events are being staged at the gardens. In that case there is more carparking available through Gate 2. In any case we advise arriving at least 30 minutes prior to departure to ensure that you have plenty of time available.
For the Waikato Museum - Hamilton Gardens Ferry tour, the City Stop is currently Memorial Park on the Eastern side of the river. This is a short 15-minute walk from the Museum. Prices for the return are able to be paid onboard. A return fare on the last departure of the day is not possible.
Terms and Conditions of Sale and Cruises
- Scenic Cruises run in all weathers due to the river environment not having an adverse effect on conditions.
- Bookings for Scenic Cruises may be transferred to an alternative date if that date is available no less than 24 hours from sailing.
- No refunds will be given if passengers don't turn up for a sailing.
- All sailings are subject to change at Waikato River Explorer’s discretion for reasons of operational requirements.
- Tickets are refundable if Waikato River Explorer cancels the service. This is most likely to happen if operational conditions on the river prevent the vessel from conducting safe passage.
- If a group has chartered the vessel for a function and a scheduled cruise has been cancelled, notification of this will be made via the website no less than 24 hours prior to sailing.
- Passengers are guaranteed seats on Scenic Cruises if tickets are bought and paid for online or by other means no less than 24 hours from the commencement of that cruise and that cruise will NOT be available for charter.
- Waikato River Explorer reserves the right to refuse any person access on any sailing for any reason including any person who is unruly in behavior, unfit to travel, is likely to cause distress or discomfort to other passengers or has previously engaged in any unlawful activities affecting the company. The Master may also require any person to leave the vessel.
- All prices are in NZ$ and include GST.